Friday, September 25, 2009

Me and Music

Since I've stopped taking my guitar lessons after Form 5 I've never actually learned something on my own. Maybe it's because there's nobody to push me. No reason to learn. Because at the end of the day, I play the guitar because I want to. Because it's one of the ways I can really just express myself (albeit most of the time when I'm doing that I'm in my JAZZ mode).

After I went into matriculation and then on to university plus AIESEC and all that I just can't seem to find the time to play my guitar anymore. Not only my guitar so to say, but rather, with music. Last week, I took out the didgeridoo that my dad bought. Put on some beeswax and started learning how to play it =) Then i started to stop and listen. Listen to the sounds that it produces, doesn't matter if it sucks now but I'll practice whenever I have the chance =) I also changed my guitar strings and finally manage to got my lazy ass up to the guitar store to change the strings to my Floyd Rose guitar.

Music is back in my life. Well I hope it stays.

Right now I have to figure out a way to remember all those skills I've lost on the guitar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

im glad :))

Bobbity Bob said...

This reminded me a vid i found online

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1904510