Friday, May 29, 2009

The Morning Blues

A few weeks back i had the chance of taking the Putra LRT during the morning peak hours. Its been awhile since I've actually taken the train(thanks to me car =p ). I never thought I would live to see this day. The day when fellow Malaysians actually queued up in front of the doors to the trains to get in.. Well its not really a line and there are those few ignorant fools jumping queues but what the heck! There was actually something that resembles an orderly queue as I was waiting for the train. I was smirking my way as I squeezed my way through the train resembling that can of sardine people always compare to when its so freaking packed and compact.
After awhile standing, trying my very best to keep myself erect (literally) and looking around I realised that I was feeling so solemn. I looked at the person next to me. then the lady on the other side. Then i turned all over looking at each of the people's faces around me and it struck me with a blow!! None of them are smiling! Everyone are like walking zombie's lost in their own world. Thinking of the 'what would i do if i wasn't stuck on a sardine train, thought. Everyone's eyes we're staring dead into space.
I decided that i wouldn't be like them. So i smiled. I smiled as if it smiling would keep me alive. As if it's the happiest day in my life. SMILE people SMILE!!
It doesn't really matter if you have a reason to or not. Coz smiling just makes the world a better place. for YOU, ME and THEM

7 comments:

Serena said...

I know!! People are just not smiling anymore kan? You smile at them, they think u giler. All they think about is how to get through the day, seem to have lost the purpose of life.

alif said...

Ya nobody smiles anymore!! Err but i dont agree on them losing their purpose of life... maybe they're like that because they found out that their purpose of life sucks leh ;P

Serena said...

haha their purpose of life is to keep chasing after things that's suppose to be making them happy but in return actually made them more miserable than ever :P

Lia said...

*smilingfromoneeartoanother* love u *hugs*

manndee said...

When you smile you melt the hardest ice bergs in the person haha =) smile and warm the hearts

Melvin said...

i think i had a similar experience like you awhile ago......everybody was lining up but i tried to rush in....then only realized that i had to line up.....embarrassing moment.....wakaka.....

alif said...

melvin: eh what similar situation lar.. i lined up k :p