Saturday, October 4, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri :)

Hari Raya Aidilfitri came once again. Being born and raised in the city I envy those people having a kampung to go back too. That thrill of going back to the little kampung visiting atuk and nenek on Hari Raya. Sadly i've lost both grandparents both my mom's n dad's side.

Even when ah-ma was still up and running i remember 'balik kampung' everytime Chinese New Year came but the thing about my kampung is that it's in the middle of town! Batu Pahat town to be exact and my ahma's house is right in front of a main road!! I envy people having a real life village kampung to go back to every festive season. I want a kampung to go back to! Preferably one in the middle of no where and even better if its a wooden house on stilts by the beach!!

Hahah so that's just a city boy's little dream(gasp i'm still refering to myself as a boy even though i know i shouldn't be one anymore =P). The only chance of me being together with nature is probably during camping trips back in the schooling days monkeying around. Together with a group of young, crazy and fully packed with hormones bunchof 10th KL Airscout guys!! I wish to do it again someday. Camping somewhere... anywhere actually... Just being one with nature :)

I will someday. All i need is the time, the company, a place and most importantly the WILL to actually do it! One day.. you'll see me carrying my backpack gearing up for a camping trip somewhere. Just you wait guys!

Well anyway raya passed by just like that and while sitting at home in this empty city i realised what i've never experienced as something i really find hard to grasp. That feeling of balik kampung. But hey i have my family around me. Be it my mom, dad or annoying brother. Or the aunts and uncles with other crazy cousins all in KL here nearby. I celebrated Raya with our own family tradition. Something different and yet so similar. Because its not about where. It's about who you're with and how pure your feelings are.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
Maaf Zahir Batin

from the humble me. Alif

2 comments:

Lia said...

aww baby.. balik kg is fun and all but i still prefer living in the city :P i can bring u to my kg one day. it's near to the beach and half wooden ;) *hugs*

alif said...

Heheh yay!
i just wanna know how it feels like hun :)