Sunday, December 28, 2008

The first step

January's coming near.. December's ending...
One month will go... and another will come..


DECEMBER 2008

Just when i thought that there wouldn't be anymore changes during the year. I made a change.
A change of heart. A change of plans. A change of direction.

The plans i set my mind to a few months ago seem irrelevant. While I was standing in front of the plenary in MyLDS 2008, I looked around and thought.. All this seem so amazing.. it seems so wonderful and so close to my dear heart. This organization all of us are in.

I decided to run for the National Committee.. The AIESEC Malaysia Member Committee 2009/2010. I felt a pang of guilt when those thoughts crossed my mind at first. I was so certain of my plans at first. Everybody thought that I would be sticking to it and I have no intention of doing otherwise. Then the time came, I don't know what gotten into me, (maybe the hours time persuading people to run for MC during MyLDS) I decided to run. But to run for elections I have to have a new plan!! After thinking really hard, I decided that going for my internship in January would be the best way possible. So I scrambled high and low, make use of whatever network that I have and found a place in Puchong. Well I wouldn't say it's the best thing that could happen to me but considering I was desperate I took it up anyway.

Then I submitted my application, but not after I spent time thinking over and over and over again. The times spent talking to Lia especially, she listened to me over and over again.

"Should I run for elections?" Should I? or should I not?

I submitted my application. So no turning back. Looking at the candidates. Well I was excited!! I felt like I was sky diving without any parachute!! Zooming down towards mother earth!! I'm glad that Boey decided to run at the last second :) What an amazing team it will be next year.

It's gonna be a tough ride. A tough journey ahead. I'm confident, but at this point of time I'm too confident. And that's a bad thing. I won't be preparing my speech just yet. But i hope i will. I plan to make an impact. Either by making a fool out of myself or the other way around I don't give a damn. I will make an impact. and that's a promise ;)

4 comments:

Lia said...

I'll be there for u all the way hunny :)

alif said...

I know you will baby :)

Ruben Nair said...

bro i will try to come ...

alif said...

dude don't just try lar.. Come only.. bring everyone.. Goay, Anand, Rene, LiSum, Lay Geen, Nadine hahah