Friday, December 12, 2008

From NLDS to MyLDS

It started 2 years ago in USM.. I was a chief delegate for LCUM.. I was also a first year student in a local Universiti. Coming from a missionary school with a class so full of other races i wasn't my true self when i went into Universiti. It transformed me into becoming a reserved person. Someone totally not me.

Then i found AIESEC. I saw ruben one day at the RD stall and i thought hey why not join it. It's not like i have anything better to do anyway :) and so i did. But still, i have no idea what it truly is about. I didn't even know that AIESEC offers Xchange at first. I joined because i had nothing better to do and because Lia was there as well heheh

I wasn't that active for awhile. Attended a few episodes and that's it. Of course then i joined Xcapade in PD. It brought me closer to AIESEC in a way and i joined a project right after called Window to the World(WTTW). The same goes to this project. I wanted to be involved but at the same time i didn't find that passion.. that thing that strives me to doing more.. and so i did my part for the sake of doing it. While in the midst of the project, an oppurtunity came by in the form of NLDS 2006.

In December 2006, i was selected to become the chief delegate for LCUM. I remembered one day when i was actually still contemplating whether or not to attend NLDS 06 when suddenly i got a phone call from Terence (LCP 06/07). He congratulated me saying that i was chosen as a chief delegate. I was speechless. I have no idea what i got myself into and at the same time i felt responsible. I mean.. Somebody actually noticed you and gave you this oppurtunity to be a chief delegate. Who cares what it was back then, its a 'chief' of something!! Being a CD was an eye opener. I did not notice it at first but throughout NLDS i realised a change in me. A change that i never saw coming. A change that made me who i am right here today.

Recently i just came back from MyLDS08 in UPM. My 3rd NLDS. I went as an LCP. Totally different experiences. But none less fulfilling. I had choices to make, decisions that would affect the whole AIESEC Malaysia community. I am in charge of AIESEC in UM. But at the same time i need to earn each n everyone of their respect. Because without them i would not be here. Life gives you oppurtunities all the time. I found mine in the form of AIESEC. Thank you for that. And may this conference be not my last. Nor may this experience be not my best. Because i believe the best has yet to come ;)

4 comments:

Lia said...

form CD to LCP and ure still my baybee :) random i knw but it rhymes hehe..
love u! XoxO

alif said...

Heheh yeah and i hopei 'll forever be your baby lil lia!! :) Love you too!

Soon Khen said...

LOL, hai Alif!

Haha, awesome story.

Wanderlust said...

probably you should think of re-term then..LCP again because the best will be coming soon,i bet..LOL