Sunday, April 26, 2009

A job offer i CAN resist


The economic situation right now seems to be affecting everyone. You see a rise in the number of the jobless. Retrenched. Let go. Fired. For the lucky ones who still has a job, they either have to:
  1. Work harder
  2. Salary cut
  3. Transfered to a far away place

Amidst all this things happening to people all around me, I was actually offered a job. A job which actually pays well. A job which i can start right after i graduate one year from now. You probably would have thought "Wow what the heck did he do to get offered a job right after he graduate" or "Lucky Bastard! Everyone's looking for jobs but you're offered one a year in advance" but instead, as i was sitting in the office, sitting overlooking my boss as he was telling me about "working something out" for me i was thinking of ways to say no to him. I was trying to recall what the heck did I do wrong to make him so impressed with me. This isn't suppose to be like this!! It's a short term thing! All this while as I was talking to him I fixed my face with that silly grin of mine. While still holding that grin I told him :

"I'll see how lar"

I have plans. And it involves at least going overseas working in different environments, a whole different country. My plans involve AIESEC even after i graduate. At least for an Exchange program. It's true when people say anything can happen and heck i'm a true believer in those words but to me for the time being... that's what i wanna do.

Sorry boss. Maybe after 2 perhaps 3 years from now ;) Either that or u better make me one hell of an offer i can't resist

No comments: